Sunday, February 6, 2011

Helsreach - mini book review

Haven't read any Black Library before but thought I'd give it a try.  I have a few to read too after they did the free kindle downloads for a while and then I found a few at a used book store.  A few blogs seem to recommend this as one of the best so I figured it'd be a good place to start.  So, in a few words...

Would I recommend it?  Yes.  It was a very easy read.  Gripping enough to keep you reading late into the night, and although its a large book it has big print so doesn't take long to read (4 nights for me).  Plenty of characters to get into, you get a good feel for the Imperial side, and there is plenty of cool stuff.  Negatives?  Well the orks are a bit of a characterless mob, and the Black Templars are a bunch of dicks.

If you like some 40K books and haven't read this one though, go ahead, its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment