Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Old school minis 2

Had this one sitting around for a while, and finally took the time to give it a decent paint job.  Space Marine Exo Armor, the Pre-Heresy version of terminator armor.  I just went dark gray for the paints (black base, adeptus battle gray, codex gray, paynes gray wash, fortress gray dry brush) to really make the guy looked old.  Came across pretty well.  I'll replace this photo later with one in better light so I can at least use a higher aperture and get everything in focus.  The base is a Secret Weapon Ruined Temple which seemed eminently suitable here.  I was going to use them for my Dark Angel Deathwing, but those look like they are just becoming Ultramarines so I can use the Ruined Temple bases for something else.

OK, a few more photos that show this thing off a bit better. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen that fig before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from '89, back when they really hadn't decided what a terminator would look like yet. Doesn't look the most comfortable armor seeing as the head is lower than the shoulders.

    http://www.solegends.com/citcat89/c894106marines-m.htm

    ReplyDelete